Providing high-quality services, to develop a comprehensive center for diagnostic and therapeutic care using state-of-the-art technology, and to become a reference center for excellence in Lebanon. Our highly specialized multidisciplinary radiologists provide a complete range of high-quality diagnostic and therapeutic imaging services at all stages of care, using leading-edge technology reinforcing every day our comprehensive expertise in diagnostic and therapeutic imaging services. Our teams are committed to serve patients with compassionate care and respect, in a safe and comfortable environment. In addition, our department is fully dedicated to continuing medical education and offers trainings for future radiologists through its residency program.
Daniel E MAHFOUD, MD; MHA
Assistant Professor and Acting Chair, LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine
Head of Department LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital
Medical imaging is a cornerstone department in every medical institution, whose expertise is essential for the daily work of our referring physicians to diagnose and treat our patients. Our department of Medical Imaging and Interventional Therapeutics at LAUMC-RH is operational 24/7 for an accessible and continuous healthcare delivery.
In order to achieve the highest standards of care we rely on two pillars:
- The medical expertise where our team of radiologists is dedicated to providing compassionate state-of-the-art radiologic care to our patients and high-end service to our referring physicians, each radiologist practicing in his subspecialty for interpretations of imaging studies and performance of interventional procedures.
- The cutting-edge imaging technology that allow us to perform the most advanced diagnostic and interventional procedures using the highest standards in best practice to ensure appropriateness and safety for our patients.
We also maintain an active clinical engagement with our referring colleagues in order to provide the best outcomes in a multidisciplinary approach.
Welcome on our website and we look forward to introducing you to our Department and Team, should you need to visit us in the future.
Our divisions of the Department of Radiology at LAUMC-RH are staffed by highly qualified sub-specialized radiologists using a comprehensive leading-edge technology to deliver the best diagnostic and therapeutic imaging services.
The division of Diagnostic Imaging provides a full range of diagnostic services and image-guided procedures covering all parts of the body, using extensive cutting-edge technology including:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Two magnets, one of 3T and one of 1.5T with a full range of clinical application in Oncology, Neurology, Musculoskeletal, Cardiac and Body Imaging
- Computerized Tomography (CT scan): A 64 slices MDCT for fast imaging especially in Trauma and Cardiovascular diseases including lower radiation doses algorithms.
- Ultrasound for all applications including 3D-4D imaging for Ob-Gyn, Navigation-assisted guidance for biopsies, musculoskeletal imaging and Doppler.
- Digital Mammography with stereotactic biopsy.
- X-Ray and Fluoroscopy.
- Bone Densitometry.
Interventional Radiology (IR):
The Interventional Radiology includes a Body and Vascular IR division as well as a Neuro-Vascular IR division, providing minimally invasive image-guided procedures for diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of conditions including those related to Oncology, aorta and central nervous system vascular diseases.
It includes two bi-plane flat panel interventional suites for all diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
One of the interventional suites is integrated in our state-of-the-art Comprehensive Stroke Center, the first of its kind in the country.
The division of Nuclear Medicine provides a full range of clinically focused diagnostic and therapeutic nuclear medicine procedures, using the latest advances in technology including:
- A SPECT-CT
- A PET-CT and a PET-MR, unique in the country.
The Department of Medical Imaging and Interventional Therapeutics at LAU Medical Center-Rizk Hospital offers a comprehensive range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures and tests at all stages of care.
Non-invasive diagnostic imaging tests:
- General diagnostic services
- Computed tomography (CT)
- Ultrasonography and Doppler ultrasound
- Bone densitometry
- Nuclear medicine
- Conventional radiology
- Specialized diagnostic services
- Vascular imaging tests including Doppler ultrasound, Computed tomography angiography (CTA) and Magnetic resonance angiography (MRA)
- Cardiac imaging tests including Coronary calcium scoring, Coronary CT, Cardiac CT and MRI
- Oncologic imaging tests
- Musculoskeletal imaging tests
- Prostatic imaging tests
- CT colonography (Virtual colonoscopy)
- Breast imaging tests including digital mammography, breast ultrasound and breast MRI
- Gynecologic imaging tests including pelvic ultrasound and MRI, sonohysterography and hystero-salpingography
- Fetal imaging tests including 3D obstetric ultrasound and Fetal MRI
- Nuclear medicine tests
- Positron emission tomography–magnetic resonance (PET-MR)
- Positron emission tomography–computed tomography (PET-CT)
- Single-photon emission computed tomography (SPECT)
- Pre-surgical sentinel lymph node scintigraphy
- Cardio-vascular stress testing and myocardial perfusion imaging with nuclear medicine
Body and Vascular Interventional procedures
- Peripheral arterial and venous interventions
- Varicose vein treatments / vein disease
- Hemodialysis access interventions
- Vascular access interventions
- Head and neck vascular neuro-interventions
- Spine interventions
- Oncological interventions
- Musculoskeletal interventions
- Gynecologic interventions
- Biliary and GI interventions
- Urologic interventions
- Breast interventions
- Body interventional procedures
- FNA biopsies and therapeutic injections
- Stroke management: Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Diagnostic angiography
- Balloon angioplasty
- Endovascular stenting
- Endovascular embolization (endovascular coiling) for ruptured aneurysm / hemorrhage
- Thrombolysis / thrombectomy for clot retrieval