Dr. Micheline Bou Khalil
Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Micheline Bou Khalil is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of
Anesthesiology at the LAU Gilbert and Rose-Marie Chagoury School of Medicine.
She was appointed Chief of Section at LAUMC-SJH effective June 2021.
Dr. Bou Khalil obtained her M.D. degree from the Saint Joseph University in 1999 then she pursued a 3-year residency training in Anesthesiology & Reanimation at Hotel Dieu de France of Beirut and graduated in June 2014.
Subsequently, Dr. Bou Khalil completed additional fellowship training at the CHU de Bicêtre in France: This included a 12- month training in surgical intensive care, a 6-month training in pediatric anesthesia, in addition to a specific training in regional anesthesia and liver transplant.
In parallel to her fellowship training, her keen interest in pain and regional anesthesia led her to complete in November 1996 a University Diploma in Pain Management from University Paris 7.
Dr. Bou Khalil returned to Lebanon and joined, in 1997« Clinique Rizk» as Head of Division of Critical Care, and further assumed the position of Coordinator of the Pain Unit from 2000 till 2002. In 2005, Dr. Bou Khalil moved to Rafik Hariri University Hospital and was appointed Founding Chairman of the Anesthesiology Department, a position that she maintained until December 2014, after which she joined the Family Medical Center as OR Director and Founding Chairman of the Anesthesiology department. Dr. Bou Khalil maintained her duties at the Family Medical Center until her recruitment by the LAU Gilbert & Rose -Marie Chagoury School of Medicine.
Dr. Bou Khalil is a member of numerous Professional Societies. She is a founding member of the Lebanese Society of Critical Care Medicine as well as the Lebanese Society of Pain.
Throughout her clinical career, Dr. Bou Khalil completed several University diplomas:
- University Diploma in Critical Care, from Paris 7 University in 1996
- University Diploma in Pain Management, from Paris 7 University in 1996
- University Diploma in «Pédagogie Universitaire», from U.S.J in 2011
- University Diploma in «Echo guided Regional Anesthesia», from the Lebanese University in collaboration with Rennes University in 2011»
- Master 2 «Analyse et Management des Établissements de Santé», from Paris 7 University in 2011
- Master’s in Health and Hospital Management, from ESA Beirut in 2012
- European Diploma in Regional Anesthesia, from the European Society of Regional Anesthesia & Pain therapy Diploma Board in 2012
Dr. Bou Khalil’s major clinical and administrative interests are related to her subspecialities and oriented towards regional anesthesia, pediatric anesthesia, perioperative medicine and quality initiatives focused on patient safety, performance improvement, communication and team work as well as processes that equally consider efficiency and quality.